View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 09:39 PM   #6
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Hmm. How can I explain? I guess it's the same reason I scuba dive, or like to lean real low on corners on my Mororcycle, or jump off a local bridge in the summer... Or rock climb.. Well.. used to rock climb.. Skii real fast etc, etc, etc.

The slight chill, the thrill of delicious false fear that crawls up my spine.. The creaking of my house and the start, the sudden quickening of my heart and the quick glance behind me, then the chuckle and telling myself. :"You lame-o! Its nothing... Or.. is it?"

Plus, and I hope i dont sound too pretentious here.. Machen is just flat 'Spiritual.' He reminds me that we are surrounded by an unseen world that is on the edge of breaking in on this one and is in fact, linked to and influencing this one. Machen sort of.. Tears aside the veil for a few moments. ESPECIALLY Hill of Dreams. I HIGHLY recomend that one. If you read no other Machen give that one a shot. At least for 50 pages. I wager if you go 50 pages, you'll go whole hog and enjoy it.
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote