View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 11:10 PM   #5
anurag
Addict
anurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura aboutanurag has a spectacular aura about

Device: Kindle 1 and DX, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaughnmr View Post
To be honest about it, I'm a newbie here, so maybe my comment doesn't count. I'd rather see the 1 million free/old stuff at some other place than Amazon. They (Amazon) do a pretty good job of bringing the "classics" into their fold, without diluting everything with a million books I really don't have any interest in. There are other places to get these books. My point is that some companies are using this for marketing purposes only.
You're right - the companies are indeed using this only for marketing, given the automated conversions that leave a lot to be desired unless you're reading the PDF scan itself. But Amazon is making a conscious decision not to play the numbers game this way, and that to me is interesting.
anurag is offline   Reply With Quote