View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 03:51 AM   #5
tapar
Connoisseur
tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.tapar is no ebook tyro.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3g, Kindle Paperwhite v1
I just made an unexpected discovery that fixed my problem. I don't understand WHY it fixed things or what it really means though. I tried playing with all the available settings and found that going to the "preferences->Conversion->PDF Input" tab and adjusting the "Line Un-Wrapping Factor" to be .25 instead of 0 would totally resolve my problem. I did not find much information on this setting and don't really understand what it affects.

If anyone has some info about that setting I would appreciate it. I am wondering if it is PDF specific or display device specific. I don't know if I will have to adjust it for various PDF's or if it is a "find the setting that works for you then forget it" kind of deal.

If I don't have to adjust it all the time then this will bump Calibre right up to
"ultimate conversion tool" status and make things significantly easier on me.

Last edited by tapar; 12-14-2009 at 04:04 AM.
tapar is offline   Reply With Quote