View Single Post
Old 12-13-2009, 09:21 PM   #4
Critteranne
Evangelist
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Laptop, iPad, Nook, Kindle
From what I have read, OPF came out of the original Open eBook format:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_eBook

When I convert LIT files into HTML (for use on my eBookwise), I also end up with .opf files. I used to ignore them and then create ebooks out of the multiple HTML files -- with much grumbling as chapters always end up out of order. What I learned eventually was that I could drag the OPF file into the eBookwise Librarian program. It then uses the .opf file to create an IMP file that contains all the HTML files, plus cover images, etc. Doh!

I don't know which other programs can work the same magic with the OPF files, however.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote