View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 09:00 PM   #2
JMikeD
Evangelist
JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.JMikeD is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: Various and sundry
I've been trying to find something to satisfactorily convert PDF to anything else. Even Adobe's own Acrobat program can’t seem to do it. Exporting a PDF it has just created to text results in extraneous spaces, run-together words, and extra paragraph breaks and page breaks inserted seemingly at random. If Adobe can’t get it right, what chance does anyone else have?

Edit: I've gone back an looked at my notes and find that I mis-remembered. Most of the spurious artifacts I found were introduced in the scanning process of turning printed material into a PDF. Somehow it looked OK on the display, but when the text was extracted weird things came to light.

Last edited by JMikeD; 12-12-2009 at 10:05 PM.
JMikeD is offline   Reply With Quote