View Single Post
Old 12-12-2009, 10:48 AM   #49
kartu
PRS+ author
kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kartu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-300, 505, 600, 650, 950
dreamers
Quote:
s there a way to read the book straight off the card instead of having to copy it to the main memory and then reading it that way?
At the moment you either disable scan, or can open files from the card, but not both.

drwowe
Quote:
It would be nice if there was a menu command in advanced settings to toggle (delete/create) the .noscan file. Then if I have a card with 1000 files, I can choose whether to wait and scan them all, or turn off the scanning.
Uhm, the problem is, card will be scanned before you'll get into advanced settings. The best way would be to ask on insert "do ya wanna scan?", but I doubt that UI interaction is possible at that moment. Other way is, having menu setting "disable scanning of external cards".

Regarding copying files from anywhere to anywhere I think we'll soon come to "I want to copy to a certain folder", then "I want to create new folders" and in the end, full blown file explorer. It's doable, but it will take a while.
kartu is offline   Reply With Quote