View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 01:18 PM   #1
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
HarperCollins joins S&S, Hatchette plan to encourage piracy

The Wall Street Journal is quoting Brian Murray as stating that HarperCollins will soon start delaying the release of ebooks until after that of the hardback edition.

Quote:
"We're going to experiment with this," Mr. Murray said. "Each new e-book represents a potential new marketing opportunity at a time when we need every possible hook to get consumer attention."
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...googlenews_wsj

I do understand that publishers don't want to cannibalize the big ticket sales, but this isn't the solution. If there is a choice between buying a hardback and buying an ebook, I'll buy the ebook. But if the choice is betwen a hardback and nothing, I'll choose nothing. You just lost a sale, Mr. Murray.