Thread: Cats vs. Dogs
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2009, 10:09 AM   #25
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slite View Post
Your kidding right?

This is what I have to contend with... Every night!
Nice bed! And you think a small cat take less space? Think again... If we forget to close the bedroom door in the weekend, both cats will be loath to leave the bed. One on one side of the bed, the other on the other side. And no more room for either of us humans...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
I'm a dog person myself but have had both for as long as I can remember.
I grew up with dogs. We had Miniature Pinschers, and then an English Cocker Spaniel. (Actually, we have had 2, but one died after 2 weeks, as a puppie, due to a certain parasite that is transmitted by ticks...) We never had cats (that I can remember).

When I left home, I took the Spaniel with me, she was my dog. (according to my mother she hardly left the doormat when I was in the US for a year...). But when she died (due to that same parasite as the first cocker had died from), I was heart broken and didn't want another pet for some time. (I still miss my dog and a lump will get into my throat when I think of her and it's been over 12 years...).

My mother had gotten two cats at some point. Brother and sister. The sister didn't really want to become house broken and that's not good when you live in an apartment, so she went to some people who had an outside place. The brother was almost raised like a dog... He listened to his name and the only thing he didn't do was bark... But my mother was staying away from home more and more. And that cat didn't like to be alone, so I fell for my mother's tricks when she asked if I would take him... I never had a cat, we never had a cat when I still lived at home, so that's my only excuse...

Right now, I adore my two cats (the cat from my mother died last year), and I couldn't live without them anymore, but I also love dogs. They are so different from each other that I think that only if you have both, you'll have the full range of pet love...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote