View Single Post
Old 12-08-2009, 09:47 AM   #36
Moejoe
Banned
Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.Moejoe did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: Coffin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaime_Astorga View Post
Actually, I've noticed several people who take the position that copyright is a bad thing during the discussion threads dealing with the subject in this forum.
Actually, I do believe at this point and moment in time that copyright is absolutely useless for the individual creator of culture. If anybody violates my copyright, there's nothing I can realistically do about it(or would want to in most cases). Can't sue, it costs too much and takes too long and by then the original infraction would more than likely become meaningless. It doesn't protect the ideas we have, as ideas cannot be protected even with copyright, so a major corp can come along and take whatever we do and use it without batting an eyelid. So it's only purpose is as a tool for those whose business is the owning of IP. They can afford all the privilidges that copyright was supposed to give to the artist, but that they now own because of their money.

The sooner we see it die, the better.
Moejoe is offline   Reply With Quote