View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 11:41 AM   #56
rana
Gadget Freak
rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rana has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: SonyPRS505,Kindle1,NokiaN810,VilivX70, SmrtQ7,JoinTechJE100,NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling View Post
Hi All,

Hopefully someone can help me. I have recently purchased the JE100, and on the whole its good, a little flaky, but once I've got the beast synching with my laptop, it's pretty neat.

The problem I have is that when in eBook mode, I go into eBook folder, I have the following folders displayed:

PRC
Mobi
MBP
CHM

Yet when I go into them, I cannot see any files, despite the fact that I can see them in Windows mode, using a mobile reader installed there. Is there any way to get them viewable in the eBook mode (rather than windows mode)?

Cheers,

Smiling
Which e-book reader program are you using ? Is it the built in one ?

The built in e-book reader in the JE100 is very limited; it supports (I believe) only text and (maybe) PDF formats. This is pretty ironic considering that this device is sold as a an ebook reader.

Fortunately though, once you switch the device to computer mode, you can install a whole bunch of additional e-book readers programs that will handle nearly all formats out there. I currently have Mobipocket, MS Reader, AlReader2, ZuluReader and a few others installed.

I am still looking for a good epub reader for WinCE 5.0 (ZuluReader doesn't quite cut it), but between Mobipocket and MS Reader - I am all set for now. Of course, Calibre plays a big part by allowing me to convert my books to one of the acceptable formats.

Hope this helps !
rana is offline   Reply With Quote