View Single Post
Old 12-07-2009, 07:03 AM   #12
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Galaxy SIII; Xoom; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMcCunney View Post
How much have our perceptions of reading and writing changed now that you can craft a novel on a laptop and scroll through it on a Nintendo games console? This Christmas could be the moment when our idea of curling up with a fat novel are transformed for ever, says Tim Adams

http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009...ntent=My+Yahoo
______
Dennis

Well, I don't think it's the ebook so much as the wholesale changes in the publishing industry. It has been going downhill somewhat for decades. The publishers are chasing the bestseller only and looking to increase the bottom line in whatever manner they can --- what this generally means is marketing whatever marginal novel they choose as "the next bestseller" and the unthinking masses follow along obligingly. The reasons for the changes have been TV, Video, Movies, Computer Games, internet/web.

It is not quite simple for anyone who thinks they are a writer (and that is mostly everyone) to spew forth any ol' tripe and post it on the web for free or for sale.

I been in a variety of discussions along these lines and have even started a few.

What we need are reliable reviews, awards and sources of information about the "good books" in order to find them and support them.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote