View Single Post
Old 12-06-2009, 02:39 AM   #1
Renaldo
Addict
Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renaldo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3G + WiFi
Help me find story from Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine

Hi, this is a long shot. I'm looking for a story that was published in Isaac Asimov's Science Fiction Magazine, sometime between 1983-1985. Probably 83 or 84 is more likely.

I know there are a few long time readers of this mag here, and I'm not expecting any one to be able to tell me the name of the story or the author. I'm hoping someone can point me in the direction of a site that lists issues and their contents. I haven't been able to find one.

For anyone that's curious, This is what I remember: The story had a theme of extreme paranoia, more specifically the main character being spied on through the outlets and electrical wiring in his home somehow. I believe he had pretty much barricaded himself in his home. Another character, an asian woman I think, possibly the main character's girlfriend, commits suicide (or is driven to it by whoever's spying on him) by rigging the door to a microwave and sticking her head in it. I know it was published during the years I posted above, because I had a subscription to those years.

Any help is appreciated!

EDIT: Oops, somehow the I fell off the title.
Renaldo is offline   Reply With Quote