I know what you mean - I've started to play around with converting stuff. Right now I'm at the point of taking the PG plain text and then locating the scanned copy on archive.org and trying to format the book as close to the original as possible. (This is also a great source of images - I've found searching for the book title + the keyword DJVU is the easiest way to find the original book scans in JPG or TIF)
It is fun to try and overcome the limitations of the lrf file format. I'm still not as skilled in BD as I would like to be but the learning process is enjoyable.
P.S. Thanks for all your contributions, they look great.