View Single Post
Old 12-04-2009, 11:48 AM   #3
Rootman
Groupie
Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rootman has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Android & FBReader
It's about time, this may be the salvation of many physical only print media and a real boost to those companies who publish limited or hard to get e-media.

I'd certainly use it:
  • IF it's cost effective
  • IF it's really cross device capable. I've got a Kindle DX now but am open to switch to other devices if an impressive enough device comes to market.
  • IF it's not crippled with excessive DRM, Amazon allows up to 6 devices to use one account, this is nice not to have to buy multiple copies of the same text.
  • IF it supplies close to print output. Not hampered by dropping the pictures and a lot of articles to keep size and bandwidth down.
  • IF it's timely, I'm not going to wait 2 weeks or more for an e version of a mag just so they can continue to push the physical version
Rootman is offline   Reply With Quote