Well, I finished measuring and here are the numbers from the Dutch jury:
- Standby ("off"): 1.65mA
- Standby ("off") with SD card: 1.85mA
- Standby ("off") without SD card, with any button pressed except "Power": 1.8mA
- Boot-up: ~240mA (very fluctuating)
- On in idle mode: 2mA
- On in idle mode with SD card: 2.10mA
- Page Flip without SD Card: ~240mA (very fluctuating)
The difference between standby ("off") and "on" in idle is really small. The battery usage in standby ("off") is way too high and there is either something wrong with my Reader or with Sony's firmware/hardware.
I hope you guys find this info useful because my Reader's battery wires are now hanging together with tape, shrink tube and solder.