Tamzilla says about Version 2010-09-07 (#7):Except for the fact that TTS is gone in this version, the only difference I see is that it looks like they increased the contrast on the menu screens and switched the default font for the menu screens to Ibookn and added a couple of options for the date format
Revised March 2010 F/W:
This will restore the TTS that the original version removed, will provide CoolReader 3, will have the new FB2 version, and is supposed to solve the problems with .LIT. It takes a while to assure that the battery charge life drain problem is indeed fixed and it is!!
Dec 2009 F/W
I did hear back from China and the firmware upgrade [~Dec 7?] will include:
1. Swedish, Danish, and Thai language support (many people are asking for this and waiting patiently, particularly in Europe).
2. Change to scroll wheel where when you push "in" on the nib it will change the mode from page up and page down to adjusting the music volume. (many people want to be able to adjust the volume of the music while they continue reading).
3.The Visable Clock will be placed in the status bar down near where the Battery Charge icon is now.
These changes will apply to both the 6 inch and the 5 inch!
On Dec 10, 2009 Robert says...
The upgrade gives you:
1. Support for Danish, Swedish, and Thai languages and adds a Thai Font.
2. Turns the scroll wheel into a music volume adjuster when you are reading a book and playing music at the same time.
3. Adds a visual clock to the status bar between the page and battery charge life icons.
To adjust the clock after you do the upload:
1. Press the large "OK" button.
2. Press the number six button to bring up "settings"
3. Press the number five button to bring up Time & Date
4. Notice the line under the hour.
5. Control whether you wish to adjust the time or the date using the left side page advance/regress buttons.
6. Control the underline with the "9" and "0" buttons
7. Type in the time or the date using the appropriate number buttons (for example, if it is 2:59 hit the "0", "2", "5", "9" buttons in that order and hit the large "OK" button).
[Note by AJ: The clock is a 24 hour clock, thus 7 pm is 1900.]
To adjust the music volume while reading a book... do "NOT" press in on the "nub" on the scroll wheel... just move the scroll wheel "up" to increase volume and "down" to decrease volume!
I'll post it when the change is out.
Last edited by AJ Starr; 09-18-2010 at 10:04 AM.