View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:07 PM   #8
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angst View Post
It's interesting that they released the document as a pdf: the one format every ebook lover hates!
I'd imagine most people would read it on their computer, therefore PDF makes a lot more sense than epub.

As far as devices go, I know there are a few examples in the schools and FE(*) sectors (as opposed to HE(*), which is where the JISC study seemed to be looking at), where mobile devices are being used as ebook readers and general teaching aids. Mobile devices in this instance means things like phones, games consoles and UMPCs rather than dedicated ereaders, but given the nature of the work being done with them, this makes more sense than using a dedicated device.

If you're really interested, one outline is here: http://www.molenet.org.uk/projects/s...nghammersmith/ - the whole MoLeNET is about mobile learning. Disclaimer: I work for one of the organisations involved in the MoLeNET programme.

(* FE = Further Education, ie college. HE = Higher Education - ie university)
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote