View Single Post
Old 12-01-2009, 01:17 PM   #6
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by LDBoblo View Post
Most likely just computers with various software solutions like generic PDF and perhaps some more proprietary stuff. Seems to be pretty much no suggestion of specialized ebook reader device usage as far as the study is concerned.

Most of their findings are pretty reasonable and predictable. I liked that recommendations on page 37 included fast environments and avoiding over-restrictive DRM solutions. Oh to dream...
I agree that most users seemed to be using computers to read the eBooks, or mostly to search the eBooks. However, they did point out that users wanted more portable solutions.

I wouldn't have predicted that students wouldn't read the documents but only use them to search for stuff. This is a clear indicator that there is much work to be done to make the eBooks readable. Of course part of the problem is that the hardware they were using doesn't lend itself to reading.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote