Thread: Sigil v0.1.5
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2009, 03:46 PM   #49
Valloric
Created Sigil, FlightCrew
Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Valloric ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Punksmurf View Post
I'm really happy with the search and replace, which wasn't there before (or I've been blind), especially because it supports regular expressions. I'm having some trouble with them tough, but that seems to be because different flavours of regexps.
I've been meaning to add new entries to the FAQ relating to the regex and wildcard search engines, but I just can't find the time.

Here is the documentation for the QRegExp class used internally in Sigil. It documents these engines quite nicely.

Quote:
Something I'm pretty sure there is an issue with is sudden changes of text size. As you can see in the attached screenshot, the text size between to chapters differs though under the hood I can't see anything different. Sorry if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find it on the forums.

This is a plain text file that I imported and converted to LRF using Calibre. Since I don't have access to the original text file on this computer, I used Calibre to convert the LRF to HTML which I opend with Sigil.
I can see a <div> ending with the last chapter. Maybe it has some different styles applied? Have you also looked at how does the original calibre-produced epub look like in ADE?

This is probably related to the specific CSS styles you have in the document.

Quote:
Edit: Something else, when working in the split view, Sigil often crashes when switching between them.
It's quite probably related to a bug I fixed a few days ago. The fix will be in 0.1.6, which will be out soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Even though Sigil for Windows was running in a virtual machine in a window on MacOSX, it was much much faster than how it operates on MacOSX natively.
That's horrible.

Quote:
(but after almost every change after a search or even simply hitting the chapter break button, the search start point even though I used Find Next reverted to the top of the file).
This should already be fixed in trunk.

Quote:
This is strange. What compiler optimizations are being used for the Mac OSX build (-O2 ?) Are the binaries and executables being stripped to speed loading? Are the Qt libraries made with the same compiler optimizations?
Sigil is built with -O3, but I don't know what the Qt libraries are built with. I use the precompiled ones from Nokia's site, but I'm pretty sure those are -O3 too. -O2 at the very least. Don't know for sure though.

Then again, it's always possible I screwed up the compile, although I highly doubt this.

Quote:
If you want I can set up a build system under Mac OSX using gcc and do a build and see if I can see anything particularly weird going on.
By all means, please do. Any help/insight you can provide is greatly appreciated. You can contact me by PM or email if you need help setting this up.
Valloric is offline   Reply With Quote