View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 08:43 AM   #2
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by locomouse View Post
Using eBook Publisher, the font style doesn't change when previewing the page even though I've requested a different font using this BODY tag:

<BODY style="font-family:monospace">

I've also tried to view the sans-serif and small font but they don't work, either. The preview is always in a serif font.

Does this have something to do with the Preferences? In Edition Defaults, under Font Options I have it checked to "View with large and small font".

I'd just like to see how the other fonts look in the preview.

Thanks for any help,

Helen
That "tip" use to work with older versions of eBook Publisher (v.2.2.5 and earlier) and seems "broken" under the most recent version of eBook Publisher (v2.3+).

However, there is a "work-around. The default <p> style used for ebooks prepared with eBook Publisher seems to be "font-family:serif; font-size:small" but this can be overridden within your html code near the top above the <body> tag in the <head> ... </head> section.

In particular, you can set different font-family's (or font-sizes) using a <style> declaration (bold part below):
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Sample Test CSS</title>

<style type="text/css">
 p {font-family:monospace}
</style>

</head>
<body>
or a combination of using both <style> and <body> tags would look like:
Code:
<html>
<head>
<title>Sample Test CSS</title>

<style type="text/css">
 p {font-family:monospace;  font-size:x-small}
</style>

</head>
<body style="margin-left:2px; margin-right:2px;" bgcolor="#F5DEB3">
I've attached two ebooks below; the first one uses the method you tried to change the fonts, but failed and the second uses the <style> method to reset the default <p> look and feel.

Experiment what works best for you.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote