View Single Post
Old 11-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, iPad Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, N7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
That's my opinion. What do you think?
As your book collection grows, sooner or later there will come a point at which you can't carry it all with you. The amount of memory on the device merely determines where that cut-off point is. I've been reading e-books for something like 25 years, and my book collection won't fit on ANY portable device.

Once you acknowledge that you need to be selective about what you have with you, it doesn't really matter very much whether you can "only" carry around 100 books or 10,000. Both are "large numbers" in terms of reading material (100 books is probably a year's reading for me).

So, personally I'm not particularly bothered. I have devices with a memory card slot, but I don't use it (other than, for obvious reasons, on the iRex DR1000!).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote