Originally Posted by bobcdy
I found the problem - I didn't realize search only works in the code view; I was trying the search in book view. Downloaded another epub, this time from MobileRead, and had the same problem was with the first epub. The search works fine in code view for both epubs.
Search should work in both views, it just that searching in Book View is not as robust as I would like.
Please, create an issue on the tracker for this problem. Attach the epub file and write the procedure that forces the search to crash.
This is valuable information. If you create the issue, I can fix it for you and for others.