View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 04:57 PM   #13
forkyfork
Zealot
forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.forkyfork once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: It's a long story ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I think refurbished K2's are selling at around $219, so there is a about a $40 difference compared to the $180 repair.

You can go for the low ball $25 price and hope you can get it replaced for free (if they sell it for that price). If you can buy the broken one at $25 and spend $180 to repair it, you're only saving $14 over a refurbished unit. I'm not sure but I think you would get a new 1 year warranty with the refurbished unit as opposed to a soon to expire one with the broken Kindle even after it is repaired.

Sorry, I'm not making this any easier.

No, you're making sesne. It sounds like the only real way to not get screwed is to get it for $25. If I get Amazon to repair it for free - excellent. If Amazon charges, not so great, but still not bad. And if I have to, I can always just throw it up on eBay and probably get what I paid for it.

I haven't actually gotten a price from the seller, yet, so I don't know how low he is willing to go. It does come with the case and charger, which is a nice plus.

It sounds like the issue with the Kindle might be covered by warranty, right? Although, I'm not sure the history of this Kindle, so I don't know for sure. As long as he's being honest, though, and it has been purchased within one year, the warranty will still transfer, right?
forkyfork is offline   Reply With Quote