PocketBook 360 Upgrade Manual
How to Upgrade Firmware of your PocketBook 360 E-Reader
Important! Firmware upgrade is very important operation, that changes the controlling software of your electronic reader. In case it is performed incorrectly this software may be damaged and device might not function properly and has to be brought to the service center. Please, try to perform upgrade procedure as close to the steps in this manual as possible.
The latest firmware upgrade of your device can be downloaded from http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html
. This is a zip-file (archive), please unpack it on your computer. You will need a Micro SD or Micro SDHC memory card to upgrade your firmware.
1. Copy the upgrade image (file named SWUPDATE.BIN) to the root of your memory card.
2. Insert the card into the cardreader of your device.
3. Connect your PocketBook 360 to power supply (to power outlet with the help of the wall charger or a computer with the help of USB-cable). The device has to be connected to power supply during the whole process of the upgrade.
4. Turn the device off.
5. Holding the central button “OK”and simultaneously, holding the Upper Page button, press the “On/Off” button as if you were turing the device on. IMPORTANT: both “OK” and Upper Page buttons must be released ONLY after the message «Firmware update» appears on the top of the display.
6. The programm will check the upgrade file image. In case it is succesfull, the display will show «Press center key to start update».
7. Press the center “OK” key. The upgade process takes about 2 minutes. After it is finished, the display will show the following message «Upgrade OK. Now please reset the device».
8. You don’t have to manually reset your Pocketbook 360, as it resets automatically.
9. Turn the device on. Make sure that the latest firmware on your PocketBook 360 is installed. To check this, please go to Settings Information about device Firmware Version.
You can delete SWUPDATE.BIN file from you memory card after you finish the upgrade.
No upgrade image found – file SWUPDATE.BIN can not be found on the Micro SD card. Make sure the file is in the root directory of the card. Try to format your Micro SD card (make a reserve copies of all its content prior to formatting) and copy the file to the root of the empty card. If this error persists, use another card.
Please connect power cable – power supply is not connected. Make sure the USB-cable is securely connected to the wall charger or the computer.
Upgrade image is corrupted or Image is empty – SWUPDATE.BIN file is damaged or there is no space available on the Micro SD card. Delete some files form your card and copy SWUPDATE.BIN file to it one more time. Repeat the fownload from http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html
. If this error persists, use another card.
Firmware image is not for this device – you are trying to use firmware for another e-reader/device. Download your PocketBook 360 upgrade from http://www.pocketbookreader.com/Downloads.html
File read error – try using another Micro SD card
Flash write error, sector N – the firmware was written to the device’s memory incorrectly. Try to do the upgrade one more time. If this error persists, please call your nearest service center to correct this error.