Thread: iLiad iLiad kernel development
View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 01:55 PM   #55
alegeott
alegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it isalegeott knows what time it is

Device: Pocketbook Pro 603 (Leggo IBS)
Many good news, but... not enough.
First of all, we closed the device and reconnected the screen.
The device has thus been able to finish the boot and we got to the login screen.
The TP functioning input was the No. 113; the presence of TP or their position it may change on a different hardware revision (mine is no.7): in the photos on wiki iliad and those attached at this post, there aren't TP near the debug connector.
At this point, we could then also login via serial port, but did not know the passwoord root (this isn't a standard word). Fortunately, I had already installed a version of Busybox. We have therefore launched a shell directly on the device and cleared the password field in file setup with the password (encrypted) to root.
Then you can login as root via serial port. The blank password is maintained even when you restart the device.
Soon I post a complete boot log file and a how-to for the entire procedure.

Unfortunately, you can't modify the boot process. It will be also difficult to recompile the kernel OpenEmbedded...
But I'll think about later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antartica View Post
Perfect . Of those TP you mention, which is the UART Tx, Rx and Ground? I assume that they are TTL level, nope? Just curiosity for now
I have not idea about it, sorry.

Last edited by alegeott; 11-22-2009 at 06:11 PM.
alegeott is offline   Reply With Quote