View Single Post
Old 04-20-2007, 09:08 AM   #47
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW2, iPad Retina Mini, iPhone 4, MS Surface Pro, Onyx T68, N7,
You may have noticed that I've already done a few Dickens books: Bleak House, Oliver Twist, and (most recently) David Copperfield. It is my plan, over the coming months, to produce a "complete works of Dickens" for the Reader, formatting each book as closely as I can to match the printed versions. I have a complete set of the "Oxford Illustrated Dickens" which I'll use as my reference for this.

All the Dickens books I've done so far have been fully illustrated. There are a couple more that I have the illustrations for; the others I'll do "plain text", but try to add illustrations over time as and went I came find them.

It is my utlimate goal to try and make this a kind of "definitive" Dickens for the Reader. I know that he's not exactly everyone's cup of tea, but he is, to my mind, one of the greatest English language novelists who has ever lived, and his books are timeless.

I don't know how long this will take me; it's a long-term project, and I'd rather do each book "right" than rush it for the sake of some artificial deadline.

Hope this will be of interest to at least some other people - as I said above, I know that Dickens doesn't appeal to everybody.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote