View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 07:16 PM   #70
EatingPie
Blueberry!
EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.EatingPie puts his or her pants on both legs at a time.

Device: Sony PRS-500 (RIP); PRS-600 (Good Riddance); PRS-505; PRS-650; PRS-350
The PRS-500 doesn't work on the Mac either, just FYI.

I'd be happy to send in if it added either (a) faster response time or (b) Mac support so I don't have to boot Parallels/Windows to use Sony s/w with my 500.

Also of note, my battery is losing some of its life. Not a major issue, but I have lost at least 1/4 life. Might be a reason to choose the upgrade option. Though I don't like the pagination buttons on the 300, or the required touch screen of the 600 (and reduced sharpness).

-Pie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AprilHare View Post
I was thinking about this and you may well be right. The people betting on it being a hardware update too may be correct.
However another thought is that it indeed could be a software only update - and they are also afraid that Windows 7 users in particular won't be able to perform the update.
After all, the PRS-500 drivers don't work under any version of Windows 7, nor do they work with any 64 bit version of Windows. They may be afraid the the 'Chicken-and-egg' problem. They have this marvellous firmware update but users will not be able to firmware upgrade due to the drivers not working with their current operating system.
How can you perform a firmware upgrade if you can't connect to the device to perform the firmware upgrade?
EatingPie is offline   Reply With Quote