View Single Post
Old 11-16-2009, 07:27 AM   #11
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Thanks, pals, for some interesting takes on the basic idea. An offer like this would only be (if at all) practical for ebooks, of course. But it's encouraging to see that nobody's so far called it downright daft. Must put some more thought into this. Maybe I'm a cockeyed optimist, but I think most folks are pretty honest and only a small -- hopeully insignificant -- number would take undue advantage of an equally honest offer. And my partners and I genuinely would not mind refunding an unhappy reader in the hope that he'll try another title. The offer would remove some of the risk of buying a pig in a poke (which pretty well describes any new book by any author who's not a brand name) and might encourage browsers to take a chance on an unknown quantity. Mind you, the accountancy would probably be a bloody nightmare! I'll certainly let you know how this pans out. Thanks again for your thoughts. Neil
neilmarr is offline   Reply With Quote