View Single Post
Old 11-15-2009, 01:44 PM   #2
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozey123 View Post
I've read some great in depth reviews on here and watched some videos of the 360 but there are still a couple of questions I don't have answered.

I've seen the 360 highlight text that then goes to the clipboard, but can it simply highlight the text and have it stay highlighted the next time you come back to read the document? And when I highlight something can I add a note to it, or how exactly does the note feature work?

Thanks
I don't think it allows you to highlite. The note taking feature works in conjunction with the clipping feature. You select the text that you want to clip, select add new notepad, and then make your comment the title of the notepad. So you can either collect clippings from a book for future reference, make a comment on different passages (these will each be seperate notepads accessible from the main menu), or collect passages from different books in the same notepad (i.e., "cool ideas" or "fail moments," etc.). The comments do have a limitation however: punctuation is very limited due to how the notes are stored. Whenever you make a note, it generates an html file with a link to the clipping as a png image and with the comment (i.e. "Sherlock Holmes" or "Gee thats neat") as the title of the html. This limits you more than the sony or the kindle, but it is much easier to export the notes than with the Sony.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote