View Single Post
Old 11-13-2009, 07:50 PM   #321
larryy
larryy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
landscape-2col-third

Back on the command-line, I've been experimenting with all the parameter settings, and as best I can tell I cannot coax pdfread into generating the output mode I'd like. Is there any way to get pdfread to carve up 2-column articles so that each piece of a column is displayed in landscape mode? I had hopes that landscape-2col might do this, but it doesn't. I guess I'm looking for something like landscape-2col-third.

The intention is to turn 2-column files into landscape-oriented chunks, the way portrait-2col does for portrait view, so the text will be larger and more readable. (Old eyes, I'm afraid.) So the page would be broken up something like this:

___ ___
|_1_|_4_|
|_2_|_5_|
|_3_|_6_|

And, actually, I don't care how many chunks a column is broken up into. I just want the maximum screen real estate used for each chunk. If it needs to break the page into 8 chunks instead of 6, that's fine. What matters is that the page be split in the middle, and each chunk use maximum display, umm, width when turned on its side, height when held normally... maximum landscape width, if that's a good way to describe it.

Is this possible?
larryy is offline   Reply With Quote