View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 04:01 PM   #9
phenomshel
ZCD BombShel
phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.phenomshel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Dell Venue Pro 8
Just bought an Acer Aspire One. LOVE it for reading. That's the main reason I bought it, actually. After I figured out the keyboard wasn't going to get in my way as much as I had thought it would, anyway. I still want a tablet device running Windows (for ebook reading software compatibility), but this is a nice compromise til there's a little more choice in the market (and the prices go down on tablets). The LCD on this is adjustable enough that I don't run into the "normal" problems reading on LCD screens.

However, in this instance it's going to be a case of personal preference. As you saw above, Harry hates reading on his netbook, and LCD causes eyestrain for other people. So it's down to what you prefer. If you can, get your hands on a netbook and try it out for reading. That should let you know if it'll work for you, or whether you need to go for e-ink and a different form factor.
phenomshel is offline   Reply With Quote