View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:19 AM   #3
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by pilotbob View Post
My wife has a bunch of favorite recipes that are printed out and stuffed in the cabinet. I was thinking that I could scan these in and create a recipe notebook... it would be the perfect excuse to get a kitchen computer.
And an excuse to get a Fuji Scansnap. Scan straight to Evernote.

I so want to justify getting one, but honestly, I don't get all that much paperwork and I only handle it once to process and file and sometimes once again at tax time. I can't justify scanning it all in. All my bills are sent direct to Paytrust (not me), so I never even see that paperwork.

If I ever get the guts to destroy my last few cookbooks to scan them quickly, then I might buy one. It may happen -- I hired a firm a few years ago to digitize 700 CDs and haven't touched the physical CDs since. The few books left that I use may join the party someday. It's so weird. I used to have thousands of books (and hundreds of cookbooks) -- bookcases lining every spare wall space -- I dreamed of a house with a library as a kid. Now they sit in boxes waiting for me to sort and sell/donate.

Last edited by zartemis; 11-12-2009 at 12:23 AM.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote