View Single Post
Old 11-12-2009, 12:10 AM   #1
zartemis
Addict
zartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it iszartemis knows what time it is

Device: Kindle3, Kindle2, Nook, NookColor
Kindle for PC perfect for cookbooks - my wishlist

Oh man ... I hate the new Kindle for PC program; it's damaging to my wallet.

Up until now I've avoided buying cookbooks: I don't really want more physical books around (I live in a small place), and they are difficult to browse and use on the Kindle.

But, they are perfect on my big monitor at home -- exactly where I'd use the cookbooks. Fast to browse -- the scroll wheel paging is perfect for this, and if I want to save or print out a recipe, I can just use screen tools to grab some text.

And, if I import my screen capture of the recipe to Evernote, it will even make it text searchable and taggable (and Evernote desktop makes this dead easy). Perfect!

After just one hour of usage, I've bought 2 cookbooks. This is WAY too easy.

My wish list for the Kindle for PC:
* Text search! Now where was that zucchini pizza crust recipe?
* Two pages per view for widescreen viewing -- though this does make me wonder if I should get a second monitor to mount vertically.
* Easier adjustment of paging. I like to see the recipe all on one page. I can use 'go to location' to fine tune it, but that's a pain.
zartemis is offline   Reply With Quote