View Single Post
Old 04-16-2007, 04:17 AM   #6
mtas
Enthusiast
mtas doesn't littermtas doesn't litter

Device: iLiad
Quote:
Originally Posted by narve
That seems like a better solution to me. One single link from the root system to your-favorite-application-folder sounds better than different binaries and the requirement for everything to be in the root of your memory card. But then I don't know much abut Linux
One can always do as I've done. I've created a directory in the root of my CF card called _additional_progs and install all "extras" in that directory. By doing it in this way the directory is not shown in the content lister.

Then, in /usr/share/contentlister/mode/en (or whatever language you are using) I created a directory called e_additional_progs that contains the enclosed Manifest.xml and icon.

In this way you will have an extra menu entry in the main menu of the content lister which contains all your locally installed programs.

If you want to get really "fancy" you can then use the reorder script I posted earlier with the following content in the file new_order:
recentdocs
CF
main
MMC
USB
additional_progs
reference
setup
profiles
In this way you will have a main menu with a first page with recentdocs at the top and additional programs in the bottom.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: xml manifest.xml (463 Bytes, 233 views)
mtas is offline   Reply With Quote