View Single Post
Old 11-10-2009, 07:35 AM   #46
Jim Chapman
Addict
Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jim Chapman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lumia 950 Phone
TypeLoad Exception - if not installed in \Program Files\Freda

Folks,

The 'TypeLoad Exception' problem will happen if Freda is installed in any location other than '\Program Files\Freda'. I think this may lead to problems in two cases:
1) Installation on Storage Card
2) Installation on non-English localised devices (where the folder is called, for instance, \Programas\Freda). I'm guessing you'd also have a problem with the name of the '\My Documents\Freda ebooks' folder too, but that can be fixed using the Settings/Folders screen.

In the short term, the solution to (1) is to install in main memory. The solution to (2) would be to create a \Program Files\Freda folder manually, copy the Freda files to it, and then adjust the start menu shortcut accordingly. Not ideal, and it would require messing about with a file explorer tool (I'd recommend Resco Explorer for the job). If anyone has tried that fix and found it doesn't work, I'd be very interested to get a report.

In the long run, I will fix this for v1.0

Thanks for all your feedback.

Jim

Last edited by Jim Chapman; 11-10-2009 at 07:38 AM.
Jim Chapman is offline   Reply With Quote