NONE so far.
I have scoured the net for anything freely available.
Like books from Cory Doctorow
Like books from Baen free library
Like a few selected classisc from Project Guttenberg
Like many, many other books
Then I have scoured dark corners of the net ...
I will not elaborate this source of books on this forum
I do not plan to buy ANYTHING from Connect
- Sony does not want our stinkin' european money*
- I very much prefer DRM-free books
- I strongly dislike the style used for formating Connect books - at least those books that came loaded on my reader. **
I am willing to pay a modest sum for an ebook that I am able to format for my Reader the way I like and that I am able to read on my future ebook devices (basically DRM-free)
I would be willing to pay, for example, for the "Otherland" series by Tad Williams. The Connect store doesn't carry Tads books :-(
I know I could purchase a gift certificate with the help of fellow forum participants and paypal, but there are other publishers that do not force me to do such complicated stuff. If you want to sell something, ANYTHING on the net - or anywhere else, for that matter - you have to make it as easy as possible for a customer to part with his money.
- user should be able to choose font style for book (either serif or sans-serif). Yes. I strongly prefer sans-serif for reading from a low resolution screens
- user should be able to choose margin width. Why does Sony waste so much of my precious (and expensive!) screen real estate by setting ridiculously wide margins for their Connect e-books
I load my texts to my Reader as RTF sans-serif font - usually Arial - size 16, and margin width 0.01