View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 12:01 AM   #63
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertgrandma View Post
Really? In Catholic countries,or areas, the church has the power to tell women "no birth control". (except the rhythm method, and good luck with that.)

Overpopulation reduces the amount of resources available for all. Look at the starvation in Africa, and other places.
I think that you are overestimating the effect of the Catholic Church here. There are many places around the world that have high birth rates that the Catholic Church has no influence over. I would even say that the vast majority of over population occurs in place where the Catholic Church has very little to no sway. It is just something that people blame on them because they have heard it so many times from enemies of the church. (Let me point out that I am not Catholic and find that is a truly stupid idea and I can find no support for the idea in the Bible. Then again, I said earlier that the main problem is stupidity.)

The cause for the starvation in Africa is NOT, repeat NOT, because of over population. It is because of constant warfare, poor agricultural practices, corruption, lack of education, and other stupidity. While a large part of Africa receives food subsidies from the West, they actually export agricultural products to receive much of their income. If they could manage their resources better they have the capability to feed not all of the continent but a large part of the rest of the world.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote