How many books have you purchased?
I thought long and hard about starting this thread. There are many readers out there who aren't exactly flush with money. Hey, I can remember when I was in high school and college. The absolute last thing that I want to do is make anyone feel bad about it. So this thread isn't directed towards those on a tight budget, but rather to those of us with expendable income.
One of the things that I've noticed is most people here talk about either how can I get free content, or how can I convert content that I already have. Now, I like free as much as the next guy, and I certainly don't like to pay for something twice, but quite frankly, the only way that we will get more e-books is if authors see that they can make money at it. So my questions to people are -
1) how many e-books have you purchased total (all sources)?
the rest are Connect specific -
2) how many e-books have you purchased via Connect?
3) What kind of books are you buying?
4) How many new books verse e-copies of books you already have?
5) How many backlist (i.e. older) books do you have, and by who?
to start it off
1) ~440 (most of which is from Baen Books)
3) SF, History, Science
4) of the 37, 18 were copies of books I already had.
5) I have three series - Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, McCaffrey's DragonRider , and Leiber's Lankhmar series.