View Single Post
Old 04-08-2007, 11:15 AM   #1
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
How many books have you purchased?

I thought long and hard about starting this thread. There are many readers out there who aren't exactly flush with money. Hey, I can remember when I was in high school and college. The absolute last thing that I want to do is make anyone feel bad about it. So this thread isn't directed towards those on a tight budget, but rather to those of us with expendable income.

One of the things that I've noticed is most people here talk about either how can I get free content, or how can I convert content that I already have. Now, I like free as much as the next guy, and I certainly don't like to pay for something twice, but quite frankly, the only way that we will get more e-books is if authors see that they can make money at it. So my questions to people are -

1) how many e-books have you purchased total (all sources)?

the rest are Connect specific -

2) how many e-books have you purchased via Connect?
3) What kind of books are you buying?
4) How many new books verse e-copies of books you already have?
5) How many backlist (i.e. older) books do you have, and by who?

to start it off

1) ~440 (most of which is from Baen Books)
2) 37
3) SF, History, Science
4) of the 37, 18 were copies of books I already had.
5) I have three series - Asimov's Foundation Trilogy, McCaffrey's DragonRider , and Leiber's Lankhmar series.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote