View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 07:14 AM   #12
Connallmac
Transplanted NYer
Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Connallmac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Kindle Fire HD 7", Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by kezza View Post
B&N should not be expected to significantly alter their billing system for a single order. If you don't like having money put on hold and you have no reasonable option but to use a debit card, then wait until November 30th to order your device. Unfortunately, merchants place holds on your money regardless of when your order is expected to ship. As long as they don't actually charge you until the item ships, they're not doing anything wrong.
I'm not saying that they should alter their billing system for a single order, but that they should change their billing system entirely! As I pointed out in my post, not all merchants do this, Amazon certainly hasn't. I should also point out that I do not have a Nook on pre-order, nor do I have any plans to do so. My interest here lies in the fact that I work at a credit union and I have seen many of the unsavory billing practices that companies big and small use on unsuspecting consumers.
Connallmac is offline   Reply With Quote