Thread: Classic Why I preordered.
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:55 PM   #16
pwalker8
Wizard
pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pwalker8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
I pre-ordered also. I've got a Sony 500, 505 and a Kindle 1 already. My biggest reason for pre-ordering is the hope that I can do my browsing at the brick and mortar B&N, and buy any books that I like as ebooks. I sort of do that now, in that I browse at B&N, noting any books that I'm interested in, then when I'm home, I check to see if the ebook is available, but I will feel better about being able to reward B&N for the browsing experience by buying from them. Right now, I simply don't have room for anymore paper or hardback books. What I really hope is that having 3 major ebook stores (Amazon, Sony and B&N) will spark more and more selection in ebooks.

The good thing is that it is possible to strip out the drm from both azw and epub. That means that by the end of the year, I should be able to buy books from any of the three major ebook stores and format switch to correct format for which ever ebook reader I decide to use as my main reader.
pwalker8 is offline   Reply With Quote