View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
Elfwreck
Grand Sorcerer
Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Elfwreck ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3 (Past: Kobo Mini, PEZ, PRS-505, Clié)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
1. Search for double quotes (used for internal quotations). Replace with @ or # as a placeholder.
2. Replace single-quote plus space, and space plus single quote with doublequotes and spaces.
3. Replace @ or # with single-quotes.
4. Then check the lot, just in case. (Sometimes authors add punctuation immediately after closing a quotation.)

I did all this in Word, then put the edited version into Book Designer.
That's about what I'm considering, with the complication that the quote marks are often inside the punctuation. But I can search for quote-comma-space, quote-question-space, and quote-period-space instead of just quote-space.

I'm just annoyed that it's disrupting the spellcheck; FineReader stops on all the words with an apostrophe at the end to ask me if it's misspelled. And FR's search-and-replace is much more limited than Word's; I don't want to do the replacing there.
Elfwreck is offline   Reply With Quote