View Single Post
Old 10-27-2009, 10:14 AM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EBW-1150, Sony PRS-700BC, Sony PRS-600BC, Sony PRS650BC
I have no sympathy for these big companies but the point of their existence is to make a profit for their share holders. I guess they see this as if I let one little store do it then another will, then another, and so on, without paying the devil his due.

Having said that, there is something to be said for working with consumers and being seen as a people friendly company. A favorable public image goes a long way, especially in these hard economic times. I lived in Florida long enough to see Disney in action close-up. We couldn't even show Disney films in our classrooms (during in class lunches, parties, etc., not during instruction ) because Disney cried about it. Allowing us to show their videos might have helped promote sales when our little darlings went home and demanded that their parents purchase them the DVD.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote