View Single Post
Old 04-03-2007, 05:15 AM   #22
ashkulz
Addict
ashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enoughashkulz will become famous soon enough

Device: Kindle 1/REB 1200
Quote:
"<ImageBlock blockheight="768" blockwidth="600" objid="3" objlabel="ImageBlock.3" refstream="13" x0="0" x1="600" xsize="565" y0="0" y1="800" ysize="754"/>"

i.e xsize is still 565, but this is not that important.

I was not right, you can use 600x800 (in contrast to the text its not very important).
Yeah, I forgot -- I hard coded that 565 in the code, will fix that soon.

BTW, can you really use the full 600x800? I would imagine that some pixels would be taken by the user interface... please let me know what is the biggest size which is not cropped by the reader, as I don't have a reader to actually test it out.

Quote:
Now I figured out whats happening (looking at the actual image size): To keep proportionality of the page, the program adjust one of the png image sizes (754), the other one is selected to maintain aspect ratio (497). Nothing can be done. My sample has this aspect ratio. The only improvement (I'm not sure if somebody really care) the image can be centered with "<BlockSpace xspace= yspace= ".

So there is no problem, my mistake. Thanks again for great program.
Yes, I forgot to mention that in the release notes. One of the ideas that I initially took from PDFRasterFarian but really annoyed me (and hence changed) is that if you do agressive cropping, and your page has only one paragraph, that whole paragraph fits the whole page (with the letters being really tall). So I took care to maintain the aspect ratio, as it is a slippery slope to decide when to respect it and when to forget it. I do a lot of calculations to find the optimal width and height.

Also, I'd suggest that you try the landscape mode once (prs-500l) -- I would expect it would look as good as a real PDF printout, however with lesser text per page.
ashkulz is offline   Reply With Quote