View Single Post
Old 10-24-2009, 03:50 PM   #1
h0bbes
h0bbes began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-300, PRS-350
Smile Pictures: Pink 300 + Sony red cover + custom cover

I received my long-awaited PRS-300 and cover about a week ago and have been in love with it ever since. Here are some pictures for colour reference in case any of you can't view one in real life before buying like me (Sony doesn't have plans to bring their Readers into my country because the market is apparently too small ). The pink 300 is much nicer in real life than the pictures on the sonystyle site; the buttons aren't so girly pink.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Red Cover.JPG
Views:	308
Size:	60.5 KB
ID:	37950 Click image for larger version

Name:	Pink 300 & Red Cover.JPG
Views:	771
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	37951

The standard red leather cover is very pretty, but after a few days of use, I realised I preferred having a non-leather cover because my palms get sweaty at times and touching leather feels a little icky. I have some book jackets/covers bought during my Japan trips and they're made of rather sturdy fabric materials, so I put the 300 into the jacket that was the best fit.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover 1.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	37952 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Inside.JPG
Views:	327
Size:	88.2 KB
ID:	37953 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Outside.JPG
Views:	282
Size:	47.6 KB
ID:	37954 Click image for larger version

Name:	Custom Cover Side.JPG
Views:	283
Size:	29.4 KB
ID:	37955

The jacket flap inside is just a tad short of the original strip to secure it, so I added a strip of ribbon to hold the flap. I'll replace it with a black ribbon once I get the chance to purchase one.

Now I can hold my 300 without any worries about my sweaty palms dirtying the pretty leather cover I can also change the jacket if I get tired of this design! I'm glad I got the Sony cover because it's still useful - I need it to hold the reader before I can slip the book jacket on.
h0bbes is offline   Reply With Quote