Originally Posted by Pablo
I am trying to create an ePub version of "Shattered Crystals", an ebook I have already uploaded here in LRF format.
The book has some images and a lot of footnotes.
I have a working HTML file, generated with BD and corrected by hand.
I used a combination of Calibre and Sigil and finally managed to create an ePub that looks good in Calibre.
The problem is, it doesn't look good in my PRS-505. Examples:
- Text that is centered in Calibre, is not centered in the reader
- A page that just has two lines (Author and Book Title) shows ok in Calibre, but is split in 2 pages in the reader.
If you want to post it or email it to me (PM me of addy) I'll try it on my Opus and see how it looks. At least to see if it's a Sony only problem.
For some reason the default conversion settings in Calibre usually end up with the Title and Author on separate "pages". In another thread it was suggested to remove the code "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']" from the structure detection section. It worked for me on the book I tried it with.