View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 06:41 PM   #31
scveteran
Groupie
scveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheesescveteran can extract oil from cheese

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkml View Post
I'm not "offended" by the limit on lending your books. I just think it's 100% WRONG to knowingly and deliberately mislead people. Burying something in fine print or an FAQ saying "well, what we said isn't really what we MEANT" is wrong.

They tout "lending" as a big selling point, but aren't being HONEST about it. That's what bothers me. I'm just getting really tired of businesses being dishonest (and yes, I view it as dishonest to say "You can lend your books" and then bury a disclaimer somewhere saying "but only once - forever!")

Then you add on the fact that they are trying to hide (or at least obfuscate) the fact that you can only "lend" if the publisher thinks you should be allowed to. More dishonesty.

I've been looking to upgrade my wife's sony 500, and this just helped ensure that I'll be going with the sony 600 instead of the Nook.

They are not being dishonest. They tell you that a feature of the system is that you can lend your books. I really think it is silly to not realize that there will be limits on that.

It seems to me that there are some people who are just looking for a reason to not like it.
scveteran is offline   Reply With Quote