View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 07:37 PM   #32
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbo1967 View Post
Not sure why you'd find adjectives any more difficult than any other aspect of language.
Because you cannot infer the meaning from context and it is very easy to guess wrong if you do not look it up. Two word that I had the wrong meaning for many years was "gingerly" and "bemused" just because I guessed and did not check in a dictionary that my guess was correct. And my guesses did seem to fit nearly all uses so it took years for me to find an example that did not fit that made me check in a dictionary.

Bu then there is just old and uncommon word that is hard to know the meaning of like "obnubilate".
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote