View Single Post
Old 10-21-2009, 12:15 AM   #302
kjk
kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kjk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: never enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by galavanter View Post
App Store, iTunes Store, two different stores no?
This is not about two different stores, it is about two different sign-up procedures for the same store.

My point was that, as HansTWN seemed to discover, you cannot currently sign up for an iTunes Store account without a credit card IF you try to sign up through the main iTunes store. He said he did not see NONE as an option.

If you go to the App Store, select a free app, and then go thru the registration process, you will see NONE as a Payment option.

Once you go thru this admittedly non-logical and convoluted process (following Apple's confusingly named Support Documents) you will in fact have an iTunes Store account, not just an App Store account (which doesn't exist on its own, since its not a different store), and without any (Pre-) Payment requirements.

(I just tested it with an extra gmail account I had, it worked with no problems-I got the NONE payment option)

Last edited by kjk; 10-21-2009 at 12:17 AM.
kjk is offline   Reply With Quote