UPDATE: PDFRead is now hosted at SourceForge
I have a REB1100 and all other things being fine, I disliked not being able to read PDFs on it. I then watched the development of PDFRasterFarian for the Sony Reader, and thought that the same logic could be applied to the REB 1100/1150/1200 family.
So, the tool has the following features:
- support for PDF and DJVU documents
- works on Windows, Linux and OS X
- supports creating images for any ebook reader device
- out of the box profiles for the 1100/1150/1200 and PRS-500.
- fast and very accurate autocropping
- image dilation for more "thicker" text enabled by default
- automatically splitting into multiple pages for landscape mode
- generate image will fit the screen size exactly in potrait mode
- rotation of image for devices that don't support landscape mode
- option for reducing the number of colors to reduce image size
- output formats supported: currently html, rb, lrf, imp1, and imp2.
See the sample PDF input
and the sample output generated with the REB1100 profile
For Windows, download the PDFRead v5 installer
. For Linux and OS X, download the PDFRead v5 source code
. Please read the README in the source or windows installations for further details.
Changes since v4
- added a README
- add DJVU input support
- allow specifying custom options in the Windows GUI
- OS X support fixes (based on sammykrupa's input)
- tweaks in the EB-1150 and REB-1200 profile
- do not split page if the generated image width/height is less than the device parameters. This caused too many blank pages to be created.
Thanks to alex_d, Falstaff, Liviu_5 and sammykrupa for helping me and providing me inspiration.