Thread: Goodbye bookeen
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2009, 12:08 PM   #7
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by emellaich View Post
First, the Kindle starts up virtually instantly. One reason I need Cybook folders is due to my hope that startup speed will improve as it will only need to scan the current folder and not the entire library.
Put all the books except the dictionaries in a sub folder and the Gen 3 will start much faster (around 25 seconds compared to nearer 60 seconds if you have a lot of books). Of course this information had to be discovered by empirical tests and could not and can probably not be found on Bookeen's web site.

I will also never more buy anything from Bookeen.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote